Friday, October 09, 2015

Ikea Raskog hack

My art room is FULL!  I've been trying to find a way to get my paints in the same area near my desk. I've seen the Ikea Raskog cart RÅSKOG Utility cart  $29.99 Unit price on several artist sites and decided that I could squeeze one more thing into my room if it would hold all of my paints and inks and art mediums.  I purchased the cart and spent the hour putting it together (maybe not that long, but enough time to know that I wish I could buy it already assembled).
I had it filled completely in no time and still had a significant amount of paints and mediums left over.   I began to look for containers that would stack and give me more space but I couldn't come up with the right combination that would be useful.  I looked through Ikea catalog and found a small file cabinet whose dimensions would fit inside the cart.  LENNART Drawer unit  $14.99 Unit price



I purchased the file cabinet, put it together and WHAT!!!!! It wouldn't fit in the cart.  After tinkering with it a bit, I realized that I could make it fit on the outside, plus I would still be able to store things on the top.  Yay, yay, yay!!! Here it is put together.




Here is a closeup of the bolts


Here is the cart partially filled with paints and mediums.  I think it's a winner!

No comments: