Here's a couple of pictures I took of my workshop with Lisa Pavelka and her daughter Anne Igou. The first workshop we made a pendant with polymer clay and a crystal. I got some practice and help with making canes. My flower cane turned out well but I wasn't able to cut it without distortion. It takes quite a bit of practice to work so small. Then, in the second workshop we practiced the Skinner blend which is where you take two separate colors and roll them thru the pasta machine until you end up with a solid color at one end and then the colors mix gradually until it becomes the other color. We used these blends to create a cane and cut leaf shapes for the mask. My mask ended up looking like an owl, but I loved the cutters and the Skinner blends. I was so tired when I got home that I could barely get my coat off before jumping in bed. The next day in the morning we worked on a case using clay molds and foils. Then, in the afternoon, we made faux stones. I was tired but got home and tried some other canes and made molds.
Monday, January 01, 2007
Polymer clay workshop
Here's a couple of pictures I took of my workshop with Lisa Pavelka and her daughter Anne Igou. The first workshop we made a pendant with polymer clay and a crystal. I got some practice and help with making canes. My flower cane turned out well but I wasn't able to cut it without distortion. It takes quite a bit of practice to work so small. Then, in the second workshop we practiced the Skinner blend which is where you take two separate colors and roll them thru the pasta machine until you end up with a solid color at one end and then the colors mix gradually until it becomes the other color. We used these blends to create a cane and cut leaf shapes for the mask. My mask ended up looking like an owl, but I loved the cutters and the Skinner blends. I was so tired when I got home that I could barely get my coat off before jumping in bed. The next day in the morning we worked on a case using clay molds and foils. Then, in the afternoon, we made faux stones. I was tired but got home and tried some other canes and made molds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment