I signed up for an ATC Technique swap on the Art Techniques Yahoo group. I decided to do a technique from a class I took at Art Unraveled last year with Gail Russakov. The process is fairly simple but I love the textured results. I took several different textured wall papers and tore them. I then glued them to the card stock using Elmers glue. Next, I placed freezer paper on top and brayered over the wallpaper pieces to make sure they were stuck down. Once dry, I coated the papers with a heavy coat of gesso. Let dry a little and then painted with lumiere paint. The gesso lightened the paint and to my surprise took out a lot of the metallic sheen of the lumiere paint. I put the paint on pretty thickly but it still didn't go down into all the nooks and crannys like the gesso. After it was completely dried, I went over the tops with a gold metallic wax.
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
ATC Technique Swap
I signed up for an ATC Technique swap on the Art Techniques Yahoo group. I decided to do a technique from a class I took at Art Unraveled last year with Gail Russakov. The process is fairly simple but I love the textured results. I took several different textured wall papers and tore them. I then glued them to the card stock using Elmers glue. Next, I placed freezer paper on top and brayered over the wallpaper pieces to make sure they were stuck down. Once dry, I coated the papers with a heavy coat of gesso. Let dry a little and then painted with lumiere paint. The gesso lightened the paint and to my surprise took out a lot of the metallic sheen of the lumiere paint. I put the paint on pretty thickly but it still didn't go down into all the nooks and crannys like the gesso. After it was completely dried, I went over the tops with a gold metallic wax.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
These are nice. This sounds like a neat technique with many varied results depending on colors and mediums chosen. Thanks for sharing.
Susan
WOW! I love the look of this. What a wonderful technique.
Alex
Post a Comment