Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Black History ATC's


I responded to a challenge on the IOCSA board to create a couple of cards for black history month. The second one is a nod to a book by Zora Neale Hurston that I enjoyed several years ago and shared that book with my daughter. We both thought it was an incredible book, even though it took a while to get into reading it because it is written in a broken dialect. It led both of us to read a few more books by Zora Neale Houston. She was an incredible writer. The background of the ATC is bingo daubers. I love to use those for backgrounds. Some of them are scented and some are glittery.

The first one was created in homage to my ancestors who made a way when there was no way. The women who came before me had to find how to love themselves when others did not. This woman with big hips reminds me of all the sassy women who came before me. The background on this ATC is Ranger paint daubers blended and the stamp is from PostModern Design.

2 comments:

Farrary said...

Sandy, your ATCs are very beautiful and inspiring, both artistically and culturally. Zora Neale Hurston is one of my favorite authors and I LOVE your idea of using bingo daubers as backgrounds. Something else to add to my shopping list. Happy Friday, Angela in NV

Valerie said...

Love these! especially the curvy woman. Beautiful
Valerie