Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Good Gosh, Galoshes



When I was in New York, it rained on a workday. We saw lots of umbrellas and raincoats, but I became fascinaated in how many pairs of rainboots I saw - old-fashioned galoshes. They reminded me of my red galoshes that I wore in grade school. Since I walked to school and only had one pair of school shoes, I wore galoshes on rainy days. Many years later, here were women (and a few men) wearing the updated version of galoshes. Harrison and I sat in Starbucks and called out the color or pattern of the galoshes we saw. I loved the fancy ones that matched the raincoats.
There were Burberry-patterned ones, camoflauged ones, striped, polka-dot, fancy patterned and floral ones. It was so much FUN!

Guess what I found when I got home? Galoshes. Which color should I get?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey auntie those have been in style since last year except they looked more like moon boots. I guess they made them look a little more stylish this year. I think you should get blue. Thats a pretty color and now with the advantage of the mix and match era blue goes with everything!!
Nikki