Last weekend I went to a "free" demonstration on kumihimo braiding at the bead store. (It never ends up being free because I always buy stuff. I am a marketer's delight!) . My friend, Cheryl from Minnesota had shown me a bracelet she'd made using kumihimo braiding more than 2 years ago. I was intrigued enough to go to the demo because I loved the sound of the word, "kumihimo."
Anyway, there is a foam disk that makes the braiding so easy. I finished the braids while watching television. The pictures show how the ribbon/cording changes once it is braided. I need to go back to the bead store (sigh) to see how they are finished. These are great for hanging pendants from, especially since some people have allergies to metals. I love the texture created by the colors. If you use single color cords/ribbons, you can make patterns in the braid. I think Cheryl used beads throughout her braid. I'll have to ask her.
3 comments:
I want to do this!! Glad to see you creating and blogging again!
Wow, Sandy, I've played with Kumihimo too but never thought to use those kinds of ribbons... they look fabulous!! Time to break out the yarn & ribbon stash again...LindaB
Thanks for posting this I had not seen this craft before.
Post a Comment