Thursday, April 03, 2008

Post Modern Design Relook


I was working on cleaning up in the art room today (a never-ending project) and ran across my 2 videos from Kathy Martin at Post Modern Design.  I haven't watched these in quite a few years, so I popped one in the VCR to keep me company while I cleaned.  Well, no more cleaning got done because out came inks and paper to play with.  One fun technique was to use Marvy inkpads direct to paper on glossy paper.  You pat the inkpad on the glossy cardstock and quickly blend it with tissue.  Next, you use the same inks to stamp with.  These make a great background.  I love the colors.  This card was made by cutting the stamped image into shapes and layering onto cardstock.  The diecut is from Quickutz.  Simple, and more backgrounds to play with!

2 comments:

Pamela Levingston said...

It is often good to revisit the old techniques. The card is beautiful and cheery. QP

Crazy Art Girl said...

That is fantastic. Love the different shades of green. The mosaic was a great idea. The black is a nice contrast.
Belinda