I probably took close to 500 pictures this week in Hawaii. Every time I looked around, I saw something so beautiful that I wanted to take a picture so that I would always remember it. I always offer to take pictures for others when I see a group of people with one person standing out. This time someone returned the favor. So, here we are overlooking a breathtaking scene near a waterfall. I know that others don't like to see travel photos, but I am one who loves them. So, Uncle Jimmy (speaking directly to you), here are only a few from our travel adventure show.


That's me at the top of the winding trail. Curses, but I couldn't get the photo to turn. Anyway, I convinced Harrison that we should try this trail. Well, I didn't know that it was all rocky, goes up pretty sharply, goes through mud and streams, and is NOT for amateurs. He kept telling me it was a bad idea, but I decided I wanted to challenge myself after all the foot and ankle surgery from last year. So, up I went. I forgot that I was going to have to come DOWN! Fortunately, we turned around when we got to the first big patch of muddy tangled tree roots on the trail. Today, my whole body hurts from my adventure. But, I was proud that I could do it. Two years ago, I couldn't even walk on the beach. I walked through sand, rocky terrain and through the uneven footing in caves on this vacation. Heck, with enough liquid encouragement, I would have tried to surf!

This picture is for Shanda. This was the car that she wanted as a teenager. It was our rental for the week and we put plenty mileage on it.

Here's one of my friends I made at the beach. I think half of him came home in my clothes. The beach is messy!
2 comments:
Yay Auntie!!! Now take 3 advil & go 2 bed:).
love
Nikki
I love your photos! And I'm so glad you had such a great time. Good for you, hiking up that trail as far as you did.
Post a Comment