Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Instant Party


How do you have an instant party? Light up the barbeque grill! If Harrison says he is cooking ribs, friends and family instantly appear. It's the strangest phenomenon. Anyway, the in-laws visited us this past weekend and we enjoyed their company.

I also participated in a used stamp sale at Stamp Thyme in Lockport. It was a beautiful and hot day and loads of folks turned out to get some great bargains. I did very well in that I got rid of some stamps, but not enough. My dilemma is whether to do this again. I now have to store the rest of these stamps for another year. If folks didn't buy them this year, what will make them more attractive next year? I will be glad to mark them all at $1 if it had helped to get rid of them. Maybe I will do that next time.....hmmm. I think I answered my question. Next year, EVERY stamp will be $1 no matter how large or how much I originally paid for the stamp. I'll have another party at my table.....Instant party (without the grill).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my what great work you do I love it!I think i am out of my league here.

Anonymous said...

thanks for all your input I will be trying some of it.

Anonymous said...

You do "instant parties" so well - great food & company. We sure miss them (and you)in MN!
Carol

april said...

Sounds good! My husband is the rib griller in this family too! And about those stamps - you should have brought them with you yesterday! Do you get a newsletter from Stamp Thyme?

Pamela Levingston said...

I have a friend's whose table always sells out. Her prices are so low its a shame. From $.25 for a small stamp to $5 for a large stamp. And she will barter like at the flee market. I wish I could part with some of my things but I just can't....so sad. I have been able to give some things away to newbies. Like I gave away my old chalks once I bought the pan pastels. So I guess that's a start. I love instant parties!

Anonymous said...

I think I need to "shop" your stamp collection and get busy. I want to make memory books for my 50th bday party.

Mary U

Anonymous said...

Awww man I need to move to Chicago so I can be part of the instant parties. I was probably hungry that day too.

Love Nikki

Anonymous said...

Alexis - Sandy and Harrison's is definitely the place to be. Great food and even better company!