Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Workshop with Katie Kendrick at Valley Ridge Studio



I am at a workshop today at the beautiful and scenic Valley Ridge Studio in Wisconsin. We are making a cheesecloth covered book. It's pretty cool. Above is a picture of the cheesecloth drying after I dyed it.


Here's me painting and stenciling my pages. I will need a manicure to get all the paint and glue off my fingers.


This is Katie, giving a demo of painting and stenciling.



This is how the book started out. As plain cardboard. Then we scratched into it and pulled off some of the paper to expose the inner ripples and create different textures. This was the most zen-like part of the workshop. More tomorrow. I had to go to bed to get ready for more fun tomorrow.

3 comments:

AmyS said...

How much fun is that?! Enjoy every moment. I can't wait to see your sinished book.

purplehatartist said...

Oh Sandy! I am so jealous! Is this your first class there? I'm taking my first class there in September. This one looked so interesting. I'm sure you'll learn a lot. Can't wait to see your book.

Harriet Reese said...

Waiting to hear about the rest of your experience. Lucky You!!! I hope you're enjoying every minute of it.