My friend, Joy, asked me to contribute a piece of art for her school's silent auction. I have been out of town so often that I thought there was no way I could meet the deadline. The day that I told her I would NOT be able to do it, I went up to my artspace and got creative. I had sketched out a heart on a layered acrylic background. It's so funny how the art process works. After I painted the canvas, I wanted to add something to the background. I ended up using a transparency after discarding the idea of stamps, rubons and tissue paper. I loved what I ended up with. It was then that I abandoned the original sketch, but wanted to still use a heart. As I was going through my stash of handmade papers, I came across this textural piece that was layers and layers of papers and fibers. It seemed to go so well with the background. After I added that, I abandoned the heart and went for the goddess figure stamped on canvas. MMMMM. I started loving it. I painted the figure and added some embellishments, added some rhinestones to the texture and was really feeling it. I decided to submit it to the auction. I had a heck of a time framing it. I really should have taken it to a framers, but I was out of time.
Anyway, my piece sold for full value ('cuz Joy bought it), but I was happy that she liked it so much. Of course, I forgot to take a picture until I was heading out the door, but this was the best shot I could get. I sure hope their auction was successful.
4 comments:
Great piece! The goddess figure is wonderful, and I really like the bottom portion....it looks like bits of fabric but I can't tell for sure.
Sandy! This is a lovely piece of art!! I really dig the back ground! You have a knack for beautiful backgrounds. I'm sure your friend will appreciate it and you help a good cause!
Hope you are having a nice Mother's Day!
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!
thanks for your enthusiastic comment on my art work Sandy, I really appreciate YOU!
You are welcomed to come and take a picture of it as it hangs in my office. Great piece from a great friend.....Thank you
Post a Comment