Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My new nephew



After being overdue and needing labor-inducing intervention, my new nephew, Donovan Isaiah was born on Tuesday, July 8 at 1:29pm. I had to wait a whole week before I got to hold him, but here we are. When I picked him up and started talking to him, he opened his eyes and dreamily looked up at me. I think he recognized my voice! He happily snuggled into my chest and went to sleep. Man, it was instant love. My mind ran to thoughts of keeping him for myself, but I knew that his mom and dad love him even more than me, so I gave him back. My sister is ecstatically happy to have a grandson and my mom is over the moon for her first great-grand. In fact, the whole dang family has Donovan fever and there is always a lineup waiting to hold him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look like you could sit with that baby forever!
Carol

Mary said...

oh my, how precious, are both of you!!!