The photo above is the new addition to our screen door that leads to the deck. Sorry about the poor picture. It was hard to shoot into the sun. Next is a picture of the screen door before I jazzed it up. I repaired the screen next to the handle with some duct tape. I thought I did a decent job, but hubby said, no way! So, I thought to make something decorative to cover the duct tape.
I rolled out a huge sheet of clay, made a paper template of the area to be covered and cut it out.
Then, I stamped it all over and added mica powder to the raw clay.
I cut out some house shapes and baked it in the oven. I made 2 - one for each side of the screen door.
I had to trim it a bit to fit and make some adjustments, but I love that we have a creative piece of art that is functional and decorative... Quite proud of myself!


2 comments:
Pretty slick. Did Harrison go for it?
Who says Art isn't practical.
Post a Comment