Monday, June 18, 2012

Three bottles of paint

I started off the day trying to use up 3 bottles of paint that I got for a great price last summer.  They take up too much room in my paint drawer and so I want them gone.  Fortunately, I had 2 canvases from a garage sale that I thought I could use up the paint on backgrounds.   
So, I smeared the paint around with a credit card.  I put a lot on this one and left it in the sun to dry.


 Then I started on the next one.  Here was the original piece of art and it is very pretty.  I almost hate to cover it up, but... I wanted to play.
 The first thing I did to this one was to write all over the background with a blue Sharpie.
 Then I smeared some paint on with the credit card.

 I decided to drip the white paint...
 Then smeared it with the card again.

 So, I went back to the first one and saw these groovy cracks in the paint.  I liked that.  I think it cracked because today's temperature is over 90 degrees.
 I still had lots more paint, so I squeezed an s shape in white paint

 Then I smeared it around in a curvy fashion.
 I decided it needed some paper and had this calendar that didn't get used.  It's already June for goodness sake.  What else could this be used for?
 So, I adhered some of the pages and some die cuts to the painting and let dry.

 I looked at the first painting and started rubbing some paint away.  LOVED the texture.  I may do some more of that.


 I had some die cuts of flowers and decided I wanted to add them to the painting.  I was only going to do a few...  I got carried away.

 Here are the two side by side.  I was going to stop here for the day, but there was still way too much paint in the bottles.  I really liked that bottom of the 2nd one with the yellow showing through.


 So, I grabbed some yellow paint and smeared it on the background.

 I started getting this yummy texture.


 I think I am going to do something different to the bottom, so I kind of left it alone. I can still see some of the paper I added.  I think I am finished with this one for today.
Back to the small one with all the flowers.

 More paint is needed!


I got some great textures.

 You can still see some of the flowers
 And I added some random dots in the corner,

 Here's the background on this one...  Finished for today
 
And here are my hands,  Ready for a new manicure this week.

4 comments:

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

How fun!!! Beautiful art work Sister!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Anonymous said...

Fun. Love the one of u painting.
Hugs, the other Sandy

SandyM said...

Thank you, Trena... just trying to get rid of stuff in the craft room. I think it is hopeless, though.

SandyM said...

Thank you, Trena... just trying to get rid of stuff in the craft room. I think it is hopeless, though.