Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Imagine a dream


New art that started out as an experiment.  This was a black frame with white writing all over it and a 6x6 opening in the middle.  I gessoed over the writing making lots of texture and leaving some parts of the original frame showing through.  Then I put it away for about a month.  I took it out again and painted some colors onto it.  I stuck it in a closet for at least six months.

The other day I was experimenting with some watercolor art and made the piece in the center.  I remembered the frame and went back to work on the frame, adding lots of mixed media to marry the frame and the watercolor.


 Close up of the watercolor piece.

 Close up of the floral stencil to the left.


Close up of the sun on the right

 New place of honor in my home art gallery


Colors of the flowers on my deck.  Do you suppose this is where the inspiration for the new artwork began?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it!
Belinda

jean b. said...

sandy, love this! i get too impatient when an idea doesn't gel right away, but you have shown how something can percolate until the perfect piece and fresh techniques come together!

Jan said...

Such great art! Thanks for sharing! Jan

Brenda said...

I love this Sandy, especially the layers of colors.

Pamela Levingston said...

i lov the colors, the stencil, the frame. ok I love it!

Pamela Levingston said...

i lov the colors, the stencil, the frame. ok I love it!

Unknown said...

I'm a freelance journalist for the Naperville Sun. I do the Blog Log each week, where we feature a blog in Naperville and the writer of the blog. Your blog caught my attention and I think it would be a great fit for the newspaper. If you're interested, I'd like to set up an interview at your earliest convenience. You can email me at JoyDavis234@gmail.com

april said...

It's wonderful, Sandy! And I love your "gallery".