Every year, we start our preparations for the annual barbeque by making the barbeque book. This book holds the to-do lists, recipes, planning, hotel accommodations, shopping lists, etc. I used to keep everything in one notebook but one year decided to decorate the notebook. Now, it is how I get the ball rolling. This time the book is made from fabric that I monoprinted, stamped, doodled and free-motion stitched. I would give you a peek inside, but then you would know all of our secrets.....
We also love to punish ourselves by painting the deck every year. Every year we say that the deck looks fine, but then we change our minds and pull out the paint brushes. You'd think that we would hire out this job, but some of us (Harrison) just doesn't feel right if he can't take on some kind of home repair project before the bbq.
Number One Son always gets assigned as helper. Some traditions never go away.


1 comment:
Beautiful deck, busy workers. Really nice, Sandy, and i love that fabric book cover!
Post a Comment