Friday, October 26, 2012

IOCSA Calendar Swap

 I was involved in a calendar swap through one of my Yahoo groups.  I was honored to do the cover and I enjoyed the challenge of trying to use as many different kinds of supplies.  There is paint, inks, sprays, die cuts, acetate, paper, metal, wax, color pencil, fabric, stitching, and loads of other supplies that were used on the cover.  After thinking about how much effort I put into the cover, I thought... "that's silly, every page will be open or a month EXCEPT the cover."  Oh well,  I also had the month of May - below.

In the Northern states, we usually wait until May to plant our annuals.  I was thinking about gardening and getting back outside during May and found this quote among one of my stamps.  The die cut of the branch tree is one of my favorites and last year I took some pictures so I could put myself in the chair.  It came in handy for this calendar page.

I hope everyone who received one of my pages will enjoy them.  I sure love the ones I received in return.

1 comment:

april said...

Both are wonderful! Very clever putting yourself in that chair. You know, once the year is over and people close the calendar - every time they look at it, they will be looking at the beautiful cover. :)