I also had fun at two art fests in the Ft. Myers area. One was in Matlacha (near Pine Island). The other was in Ft. Meyers. I met an artist in Matlacha, Leoma Lovegrove. http://leomalovegrove.com/ She was making art for the Am Heart Assn. and selling them for $20 donation. She worked on a board and made them so quickly. I am going to try and work that quickly on some painting when I get home. I loved the concept. These are frameable and she charges $150 if she signs and frames them. Her art was vibrant and colorful. In fact, I vowed to give up any brown or antique paints and colors once I got home. Shari tells me that this is the Florida effect and that I will get over it after being home for a few days.
Oh yeah, she works on tar roofing paper which looks great with the flourescent colors. I wonder which hardware store carries this at home. Looks like I get to have some fun shopping.
No comments:
Post a Comment