Friday, October 09, 2009

Can You Believe This?





We are at the Grand Canyon. In all of our travels, I had never been there, so we planned a visit to Sedona and a day trip to the Grand Canyon. It is every bit as magnificent as expected. There's just no way to get a picture that can recreate the splendor of the real thing....but I was trying. So, I snapped about 50 different pics and asked Harrison to go way out on a ledge so I could take a spectacular picture. Just after we moved off, here comes this ram. He actually stood there and posed on the rock we just left. Then we saw a family of elk. Amazing! The animals made my visit memorable. I am so glad I finally got to the Grand Canyon!

4 comments:

AmyS said...

What gorgeous photos - I especially love the last one, with the rock of the canyon glowing pink behind the ram. I'm so glad you got a chance to go and see the Grand Canyon - it's a marvelous place, don't you think?

Janine said...

Hi Sandy, you artwork is lovely! I love your pics!

What kind of clay did you coat you canvas with at the workshop? That sure looks like a fun project!

Unknown said...

Hey my sign is a ram! i love this pic, you need to put in on facebook and tag me in it!! I haven't been on the blog in the while but i wanted to tell you that i think its wonderful. family is so important and I think its very vogue to keep up with the mayfields... I mean jones'!! love ya,
Shanda

Say It In Color said...

Oh Sandy, I have dreamed of going to the Grand Canyon someday! I even Google Earth it and stare at it and follow the river....crazy....it would be more beautiful from the ledge!! I love your blog!! I'm going to join Mystele's class again...hope you get time too! We need your smiling face!