Yesterday was our wedding anniversary. As Harrison was out of town and wouldn't be home until late, I volunteered to cook. When we first got together in the EARLY 80's, I made Chicken Cordon Bleu, wild rice with almonds and glazed carrots. I still have the menu sheet that I used. So, I pulled it out and realized I couldn't make the glazed carrots because they needed to marinate overnight. So, I decided to recreate that meal for our anniversary with a slight modification.
It turned out DELIGHTFULLY DELICIOUS! After dinner, we pulled out our wedding album and then loads of old pictures. It was a great way to spend an anniversary evening.
4 comments:
Looks delish! Happy anniversary!
happy anniversary Auntie Sandy. Still waiting to see you make an appearance on GA ... :-) I shouldn't speak because I only dared last night ... your table reminds me of home and summers with my grandmother...
Here's to many, many, more for you both. Blessings. VYB
PS I am sticking my neck out and making contact - I am totally new to this world of blogs and hope this is ok to do?
What a fabulous idea! I may have to try that next year. We don't often do much for our anniversary except Avi cooks something nice.
Happy anniversary!
Happy Anniversay to you Sandy and Harrison. And what a special dinner - surely better than going out. Yummy! And you have your original menu sheet. I think you need to make a copy and put it into a collage!
Post a Comment