
At the CREATE artist retreat last week, I took a full weekend of
Kelli Perkins workshops. I think I had her worried when I told her I was her stalker. LOL. When I first saw her work starting to appear in some of the magazines, I was called to it because of her use of bright colors. When I found out she was teaching close to my home, I signed up for everything she was teaching and I was not disappointed.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this journal! We made everything on this journal. We made the paper cloth, the fabric strips, the journal papers... We sewed the pockets on, dyed the journal pages, sewed the watercolor pages...
I TRIED FREE-MOTION STITCHING! It was a challenge and I see why it requires practice, but I think I am hooked. I will have to get my sewing machine out soon.



5 comments:
WOW! Great job.
I love it! so glad you had time to be creative!
This journal is absolutely stunning! The colors are amazing! All the details are so lovely and allow the eye to wander around and around. Just perfect!
LOVE it!
Greetings from Germany, Gaby
These are absolutely gorgeous, your creative muse is in overdrive........love it!!!
Love this journal! You must bring it to creative spirits sometime! I am a journal nut! And those paper beads...wow!
Post a Comment