Monday, August 29, 2011

Glass and Brass Journal


I took a class from Thomas Ashman on making a glass and brass journal at CREATE Retreat in Lisle, IL.  It was one of my favorite classes, even though I sliced my finger trying to clean up brass metal shavings.  Ouch!  Anyway, I was pleased with how the journal turned out.  Thomas supplies beautiful vintage photos for the journal, but I had my own ideas and brought pictures of myself.  Ha!  How's that for vintage?  I asked Harriet to take a picture of me using the blow torch.  The Marriott is still standing.  I did not burn it down.  I liked using the torch.  There may be one in my future.....

4 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- this looks like the neatest class! I love the picture and love that you had your own pic's.

AmyS said...

How cool to try something so out of the ordinary - good for you! Love the photo of you, too. You're gorgeous. :-)

Anonymous said...

Love it!

An'Angelia Thompson said...

This is great, Sandy! I want to make one - I want to make one!