Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Wonderful Weather Today

Oh my, my...  It was such a beautiful day today.  I grabbed my camera and took myself on a picnic/walk/photo shoot today.  The windows are open and it's going to be great sleeping weather!

Here I am with my camera bag, headphones and nature.  I'd already had lunch and was simply taking time to slow down, enjoy the day, smell the roses, carpe diem

What the heck kinda bug is this?


I love this bee shot.  I was playing with depth of field on my camera.
 These are milkweed plants and grow in groups.  Most of them were covered with bugs so I was glad to find a few that weren't.

I love walking across this wooden bridge and probably have 20 or more pictures of this bridge during different seasons.
 What kind of day would it be if I didn't get to catch a couple of butterflies?


 Here's a picture from one of the little streams that run through the forest preserve.  I love watching the fish swim in here in the Spring and watch the turtles climbing on the rocks in the Fall.

 More flowers and playing with the camera on macro.

 Today I found this weed.  I don't know what it is, but it reminds me of a lady with long hair. 










3 comments:

AmyS said...

Gorgeous photos! You are an excellent photographer, but my favorite is the one with you in it!

Nikki said...

Nice nature pics!!! Sure glad ur Zytec is working... lol!

An'Angelia Thompson said...

Really great photos, Sandy! That weed photo is amazing!