Monday, November 27, 2006
Santa Fe, New Mexico
I played with my old camera to get some photos of a New Mexico sunset. ******************* After Hawaii, I went to visit a friend's son in Santa Fe, New Mexico. I LOVED the downtown area with all the galleries and art stuff. I even found a stamp store called Santa Fe stamps. They have been there for 20 years and have their own line of stamps. I bought a couple of the images that they produce. The two stamps have a Southwest theme. I found a paper store there that had beautiful Japanese papers. The store is named Papergami. Fortunately, I restrained myself and only looked. Then I found out that they are opening a new store in Minneapolis MN on Nicollet. When I go to visit, I'll have to find them. I read that I missed a great paper store a little ways from downtown. It's probably a good thing. *********************************************************************** ************* I visited the Georgia O'Keefe gallery and maintained my opinion of her art. I spent a lot of time in the gift shop and leafed through a book that I should have purchased. The book showed side by side examples of typical photographs taken by amateurs and then by a professional. It gave me a lot of tips for my shots and I have seen a difference already in how I compose my shots. Hooray!!!************************************************************************* I found an artist's work that I absolutely fell in love with. Because I don't have permission to show his work, I can only direct you to the gallery where I saw the work. The name of the artist is Nash. www.galeriezuger.homestead.com/Nash "African Nouveau is the term I use to describe my present body of work. It's specifically African and European in influence. The images are African in general with the graceful, slender proportions and long undulating lines of 18th century Art Nouveau. The concept is 15th century Benin." (artist statement). Anyway, if I had 30 grand available, I would own one of these beautiful pieces.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment