Monday, November 27, 2006

Art Everyday


I feel that I have not been busy enough in the art room, but found that besides finding additions to my ample art supply, (A friend told me that I was SABLE (Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy -- she's right) I have been creating. My Christmas cards have been designed (not made, but I'll rectify that soon). I have made a couple more earring/necklace sets that I've been wearing these last few months. I also made some soldered glass charms and last week I made a collage on a piece of glass at art sisthars collaborative in St. Charles, IL. I went to North Carolina to see my cousin perform in community theater. She was AWESOME and I got to see the performance twice!!! I made her a small piece of art based on a project I saw in Lesley Riley's class. One of the women at the workshop could not see herself making 8 mini collages to complete her project, so she made a mini altered book by gutting a book and putting fabric on the cover of the book, then putting 2 fabric collages on the inside. I would like to do more of these and have started 2 others. The picture above is the one I made for my cousin. (SURE!!!). *********Finally, when I don't have time to work on a project - plus my art room is a MESS!!! I have been playing with making my own background papers. This is so much FUN!!! I have been using some of the bright colors I saw in Hawaii and New Mexico as inspiration for the background papers. I have also been trying some doodling ala Traci Bautista's book, Collage Unleashed. I have nice handwriting and have finally decided that I can use my handwriting in my art. I can also take paper and a pen with me at any time and just play. ********************************** I try to do something creative every day. My goal next year is to spend more time creating, less time collecting, and to continue to find more time to play. I am enjoying learning more about photography and would now like to start altering and making art by editing my pictures in photoshop. That means I need to learn the program, and probably learn more about the computer. I also need to continue to learn how to operate all the functions of my camera. I've got a busy art year planned. I just need more time!!!

3 comments:

Mar said...

Mom, i´m realy glad to read you. why you take so long to tell me you have a blog????

Anonymous said...

I love your fabric book Sandy! Very nice with the leaves and image. If you come back to visit in Mpls, call me (and Trish at Smudges) and I'll go with you to check out Papergami downtown. Thanks for telling me about SABLE...now I have a name for it :) Merne Halweg, fellow art lover from Eden Prairie

Crazy Art Girl said...

You are like me and trying to do too much. Belinda