Friday, December 01, 2006
Woven Paper Art
Here's a gift I created for a friend's new home. First, I highlighted some handmade paper with gold paint. Next, I cut the papers in a wavy pattern and wove them together. It's a little challenging to weave the handmade papers and to keep them in order. Next, I used fibers of different colors and textures to weave in between the papers. I attached a brad and mounted it on velvet paper. I was going to gold leaf the frame, but I liked the contrast of the wood. I didn't put glass on the frame because that would obscure all the texture. You just have to touch it. Awww, the picture isn't the greatest. You can't see the paper weaving very well, but you get the idea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
IT IS LOVELY AND A WONDERFUL GIFT!!! What a lucky friend she is to be receiving a Sandy Mayfield original (created just for her!). You are not only a talented artist, you are a kind and generous friend.
hugs, shari
I'm looking up on my entertainment center shelf looking at the original. Reading through all of your postings makes it even more special. I definately brightened my day to receive it and is now a wonderful reminder of your friendship which I cherish.
Hope to see you guys soon!
Post a Comment