Friday, December 01, 2006

Working on those Christmas cards

I usually make between 100-140 Christmas cards every year. We have a great tradition of making the cards in the summer, but with Nikki's wedding this summer, we got a bit sidetracked. Anyway, here it is after Thanksgiving and I don't have my cards made. I had some paper that I had bought in case Nikki wanted to use them on her invitations. They weren't the right color, so now they will be used on my cards. I finally settled on the design and have started the first step of glittering some background paper. I've been through 3 bottles of glitter and still need more. Yes, I have glitter on my face. You will too!

3 comments:

Shari said...

Can't wait to see this years design---got to love that glitter!! Am I on the list???
hugs, shari

Anonymous said...

Hey, Can this be my next project? I feel like I'm getting sick and need to come to Chicago to feel better.

Anonymous said...

We are friends of your Aunt Margaret and Uncle Marv O'Rear, and had the opportunity of meeting you during one of your visits. Of course, Harrison has been out frequently and we enjoy seeing him and hope on your next trip we can have you as guest for dinner. I just completed a tour through your blog and the experience was amazing. You have been blessed with a wonderful gift, and you so graciously share with family and friends. You can be proud, and give thanks, that you not only make beautiful art, but your word expression convey your joy in what you create.

Thank you for the beautiful Christmas card. We marveled at your creativity in making this card. Have you considered starting a business? Of course, it may move from pleasure to work and who whats to make that trade.

Thanks to Harrison for the Borders gift card. It will go towards Denzel Washington's book "A Hand to Guide Me." Sorry to write such an extensive "note", but again, you appear to be gifted in several areas and enjoy the craft.