Friday, December 01, 2006

Paper Quilting


Earlier this week, I attended a workshop in Chicago on quilted cards. The cards are showstoppers and are fairly easy to make. They are a little fiddly and you need a bit of patience. I have two art friends (Cheryl and Joyce) who could really go to town on these. I love the richness of the Japanese papers. I think they are what makes the project. I want to try some in Christmas papers and see if they work as well. The cardinal is my favorite.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Magnificent! This is the first time I've seen this technique. Like you, I like the cardinal best; but I think it's because of the paper--bright red and the gold layer. Gorgeous!

Shari said...

They look fabulous!!! See what I mean, the more you look at them, the more you like them!! I also like the Cardinal best. The different color papers make yours look different than mine. I don't like my pastel ones as much as I like the brighter colors. Steve doesn't think that any of them look Christmassy---he thinks they are nice, just not Christmassy!
hugs, shari