Thursday, September 20, 2007

Bracelet workshop



I forgot to post a pic of this polymer clay bracelet. I made this bracelet at a class at More Than Memories in August. The beads were made using a bead roller. I have the prototype of the new and improved bead roller. The new ones can be purchased at Michaels and are pretty inexpensive and much easier to work with. The squares are polymer clay with a t-shirt transfer image baked onto the clay. These are not soldered. They are surrounded with metal pewter (sold in craft stores) that is used in dry embossing. The metal is so soft and pliable that you can put it around the clay with the red-liner tape. It was a pretty cool technique and I played with it at home. It is glazed with clear liquid polymer clay and then a clear sealer on that. I saw that Belle Armoire's latest Jewelry edition has an article by Linda on this very same technique. It's the article about using kid's art for jewelry.

1 comment:

Crazy Art Girl said...

Love that. That turned out really good.