It sure feels like my birthday. I'll turn 50 in a couple of months and I don't believe it'll get much better than this. I've been on the receiving end of so many gifts and positive wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery. My sister and mom drove in from Detroit the day before surgery. Mom brought lots of new comfy pajamas and Sukie brought a gigantic box of Cheezits (that's been gone). I call Cheezits, "crack" because I crave them and then can't stop eating them til the box is gone. Everytime I tell myself I'm done with them. I find myself with a box or two in my basket. Or someone brings them to me, like the enablers, the Moorman family.
I gave my sister, Lynn, the task of finding a folding bed table. I now have 3 bed trays. One that folds and can hold my lap top, or dinner. One that has a cushion underneath and has a firm surface that can be used for writing and the grandaddy of them all with areas on the sides for magazines, a top that lifts to hold my books at the proper reading angle and a place to hold my drinks. She thinks of everything.
Harriet and Belinda showed up one evening with flowers and craft books. My neighbor and her grandaughter brought over some feel better flowers. Pam sent an edible fruit bouquet and Uncle Marvin and Aunt Margaret sent a wine chiller. I'm not back to drinking wine (yet) but it sure is nice to have a cool place for bottled water close by when needed. As soon as I get to put weight on this foot, I am going to get me some Boone's Farm and keep it in there for the days when I need to remember what it feels like to be a young adult. I saw it in the grocery store recently and it's still only about $2.50 per bottle.
Loads of phone calls and emails keep me company. Sukie left me a paperback by Lisa Cook, which I devoured in a few hours. I'm almost caught up on all the movies and TIVO shows I'd saved for this time. Everyone asks if I'm bored and the answer is no, not yet. When I'm awake, I can find plenty to do!
No comments:
Post a Comment