Yesterday and today I worked on this little necklace. I saw this idea in Barbara Mattheison's class at Art Unraveled. I had taken the copper bracelet class and this was a variation you could try if you finished your bracelet in class. Cindy, an AU Phoenix friend, gave me the beads at Art Unraveled last year and I have been thinking about using them for this project ever since. Yesterday, I ran across the belt buckle and decided to sit down and make the necklace. The glass beads don't show up in the picture. They were multicolored green and blue. In this picture they look gold and black, but they really go well with the beads and look great with a white shirt.
Making the centerpiece was the easy part. Since I don't make much jewelry, I had to work out the design for making it into a necklace. WHEW! First of all, I didn't have various sizes and colors of jump rings. So, I had to improvise by coiling wire. Then, I had to figure out how to attach the beaded cords and what materials to use. Anyway, my necklace is by no means a professional job, but I wore it today and I like it.
1 comment:
Oh my! What a fun idea for a necklace pendant. To think, I've been debating whether or not to get rid of the belt buckles sitting around in my studio. Not this time! I think the wire coils really add to it, kudos!
Post a Comment