Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Weekend in Chicago




We went into the city of Chicago this weekend.  It was so crowded on Michigan Ave.  We were headed to Northwestern Hospital to visit a friend.  It was also the weekend of the Chicago Marathon and I think people were there early in preparation for the race.  I had a panic attack in the car because of the crazy traffic.  Cabs were getting over without permission.  We were in the convertible and I kept screaming at them.  I was pumping the passenger brake as hard as I could.  Finally, Harrison suggested that I get out and walk.  I took that suggestion, but look at how many people were on the street.  By the time I got to the hospital, my stress level could have burst blood vessels.  I just don't like huge crowds and traffic congestion.  

But then, we found the Italian restaurant where we had eaten two years ago, but we couldn't remember the name of  place.  We had a wonderful meal and met a nice couple who were celebrating their 7th wedding anniversary.  We decided that we were celebrating our anniversary too (25 years tomorrow).  I ate bracciole and Harrison had Osso Buco.  Delish!  Here is a pic of the bottle of oil.  I like that it was hand-decorated.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

U sound sooo much like your mother when she's in a crowd. Uh oh u better watch out because I think you are slowly transforming into her :D. If you start using her "sign language" I'm going to have to call a family meeting.

Love Nikki