Thursday, January 22, 2009

Christmas memories

One of my favorite Christmas traditions is to wait until the hustle and bustle of Christmas is over; Shanda and I sit down with a cup of coffee spiked with eggnog or baileys, depending on the time of day, and READ all of the wonderful Holiday letters from friends.  Sometimes, the only contact I have had with these friends is through their holiday letters and pictures.  I cherish these so much and love rereading them.  I have a box of old correspondence from past Christmas letters.  

This year, I collected them from the big box, from drawers and files and anywhere else I could find.  I sorted them according to family and put them together in this binder.  I have some going back to 1986.  The pictures of the kids growing up are wonderful.  Now, do I have my own Christmas cards and letters?  NO!  

Anyway, I got this clipboard from the office supply store .  I covered it in decorative paper and have put the pictures onto scrapbook cardstock and punched holes in the letters.  Then, I decorated this top sheet and I can look through them anytime.  I'll probably do a little more work on the cover next year.  I keep telling myself to put this away, but then I go through the letters and pictures again and smile once more.  

No comments: