Thursday, September 17, 2009

Discovery Book picture

I was visiting Suz blog and she was talking about a Discovery Book. It reminded me of my notebooks I used to keep all through high school, college and some into my married years. I went down in the basement and located them and had a great stroll through memory lane. The glue is not holding up and has discolored the pages. Also, the glue is no longer holding the papers to the notebook. Too bad we didn't know all the archival information back then. I just used whatever glue was laying around. I remember having the shoes and pantlegs that are in the upper corner. I really liked that look. There's also a poem on the right hand side. I remember looking at these fashions and trying to come up with a discount version. I usually succeeded.

While looking through the books, I can remember that I was a romantic, domestic, family-oriented, practical, fashionista.

2 comments:

Suz said...

Oh So happy you visited me....lets travel together! I am so envious that you kept that journal from college! If I had kept one...maybe I could realized my "authentic self" sooner!//I love to "travel through my books....they are a comfort and joy...like looking into my very own soulness. I'll post some of my newer ones...you'll be shocked...no quilts............

april said...

I love your book, Sandy! What a special thing to have kept. (from a lover of journaling)