Monday, February 07, 2011

Christmas Card Weekend

 My sister Lynn and I are supposed to make our Christmas cards in the summer, but this year, we couldn't get our weekend together until December.  You will see no pictures of us here because we choose it to be a no makeup, no restricting garments weekend.  However, the picture above shows how the cardmaking starts.  We have french pressed coffee with Baileys.  It starts the creative juices flowing.


 My Christmas card list is 120.  This year, I only made 96 because I miscounted my supplies,  Anyway, when you have that many cards to make, you have to do them assembly-line style.  The pictures are my work in progress.

 Here's a sneak picture of the beginning of Lynn's front.  She still had several steps to go at this point.
 Snacks keep us going.

Finally finishing up the front of the cards.  I added a sentiment, and our family picture and news update.  Then I sent them in the mail.  Total time working on these was probably about 20 hours.  Is that crazy or what?

1 comment:

Pamela Levingston said...

And beautiful your cards were. Lucky me I got one!