Monday, February 07, 2011

Non-fairy journal


 This winter, I escaped the cold and headed for sunny Florida until Spring.  I usually try and visit some place warm for a week or so, but this year I wanted to try missing out on lots of the snow and ice.  I got to see some of the winter weather because I didn't leave until January.  It gets a bit lonely when I don't have company.  Hubby is working, so he gets to visit in between travels.  That means I get to do some artwork.

There is a creative stamp store in town and I have been going there for my creative fix.  I took a workshop there.  This had to be the weirdest workshop ever.  The teacher went through the written instructions.  She gave tips on how she made the project, she demo'd the stitching, then we went home with a kit to make our own.  I didn't know that would be the case prior to taking the workshop.  When I got home, I had to make mine right away.  Here is the project:  It was a handmade book with a clever binding.

Here is how I started to work on the interior pages.  The book was supposed to be a fairy journal, but I think mine is going to be about natural elements.


No comments: