Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Wood key cabinets


I found these Christmas key cabinets at JoAnn Fabrics after Christmas for 90% off.  I planned to work with them while Harriet is here visiting.  Well, as soon as I showed her the cabinets, she got busy working. That meant that I really had to at least start mine.  One thing led to another, these are no longer key cabinets, but great mementos of Harriet's visit.

This is Harriet's cabinet.  She chose a nature theme

Buttons added to the roof, distressed with paints

Here's my cabinet.  I am still playing with the Catherine Moore stamps

The inside of the cabinet

I even decorated the back of the cabinet.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the boxes!!!! They are splendid. I bet the two of you had a wonderful time creating. Well put up the glue and scissors cuz here comes Donovan!!!!!

Love,
Nikki

artbeckons said...

We want to thank you for visiting the Paper Traders Art Blog during the OWOH event. Knowing full well that it is impossible to see everything during the blog hop, we are inviting you to come back and visit us again soon. On our Freebies page, we have added more free images for you to download; they'll only be available for a limited time, so don’t delay!

Artfully yours,
Connie, Beckie, & Cathy

Paper Traders Group Owners
mailto:papertraders@yahoo.com
http://papertraders-art.blogspot.com/search/label/Home

Lovey said...

Beautiful and...the book is ready for purchase! C'mon back by for the link and preview!! Smiles....

Lovey said...

Hey Sandy! The company MagCloud is super safe and secure. They have been around for some time now and they are reputable! No problems whatsoever with them. Go ahead and get your copy, I have had several orders and I have placed several in the past for other books...no problems ever! Whoo Hoo!

Cindy Kotora said...

These boxes are great! Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time!
Hugs,
Cindy

april said...

Those boxes are beautiful! Reminds me of the wood birdhouses we did in C.S. a while back. How nice - you two had a great visit looks like!