Sunday, March 16, 2008

Beautiful Shadow Boxes


So here are the craft boxes. They were originally white. Nikki wanted these to hang in the hallway at home, but wanted something more colorful. We were going to paint them, but Nikki fell in love with this scrapbook paper, so we covered the boxes with the paper. We used a decoupage glue and the paper stuck wonderfully, with no wrinkling. Originally, we were going to collage on the glass, but ultimately decided that we liked working on paper and putting it behind the glass better. Plus, it would mean less dusting, and we are all for that! My niece has gone home now, and I'd better get started cleaning up the art room again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I showed some of my co workers & I received nice comments on the shadow boxes & they love how close our family is thanks 4 showing that on ur blog luv nikki