When I was in Florida, I got inspired by this artist, Leoma Lovegrove. See my blog post here: Florida artist She was painting on black paper and making heart images. Since I was using my own drawing skills, I decided that I would be able to sketch a house. It takes a certain amount of freedom to paint the lines with the acrylic paint. I thought it would be a lot easier, I mean, who can't do a square and a triangle? Anyway, these images are 9x6. I had a heck of a time trying to find a frame. I finally settled on a standard 8-1/2 x 11. Next time, I'll have to think about how to display a larger piece and choose a convenient size.
Monday, March 17, 2008
Inspired Art
When I was in Florida, I got inspired by this artist, Leoma Lovegrove. See my blog post here: Florida artist She was painting on black paper and making heart images. Since I was using my own drawing skills, I decided that I would be able to sketch a house. It takes a certain amount of freedom to paint the lines with the acrylic paint. I thought it would be a lot easier, I mean, who can't do a square and a triangle? Anyway, these images are 9x6. I had a heck of a time trying to find a frame. I finally settled on a standard 8-1/2 x 11. Next time, I'll have to think about how to display a larger piece and choose a convenient size.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Those are nice are you going to display them in your home?
Nikki
I love your houses! And the shadow boxes came out great. But best of all was reading about the fun you've been having with your family. There's nothing better than that.
Very cool. I hope that you will keep using colors that you like. I think though that you are still putting too much thought into them. Are you just doing them to do them like the other artist did or did you think about it awhile? They still came out great!
Belinda
Post a Comment