Friday, March 07, 2008

What Happens When I Cook



I decided to make this delicious white chicken chili recipe yesterday. MMMMM.

White Chicken Chili

2-1/2 pounds baked skinless, boneless chicken breast
5 cans Northern beans
5 cans chicken broth
1/2 Chicken stock base
1/2 pound yellow onions
1T garlic
2 small cans green chili peppers
1-1/2 T ground cumin
1T oregano
1/2 T cayenne pepper
1 pound shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1-1/2 cup sour cream

Chop onion, saute in corn oil
Cut chicken in bite sized pieces
Combine 1st 10 ingredients and bring to a slow boil
*Add cheese, stir til melted
*Add sour cream.
Mix well.
*can be frozen before addition of cheese and sour cream

This is such an easy recipe. I prepared the rest of the ingredients while the chicken was baking. I added the chicken and boom, it was ready to add the cheese and sour cream. I also cooked mac & Cheese and ham. Was it worth the cleanup? Yes! Harrison was so excited about me cooking dinner that he brought me 2 dozen roses!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man you really got the good life... you cook one dinner and get two dozen roses?? I've said it before but I think you got the last good man... lol which Shari came to visit? and what are you and Nikki making while i have to be in kc and work? :( p.s. I stayed home!

Anonymous said...

I have printed out several copies of this recipe for some of my co-workers they are hoping to get the same response from their sig others as you did.

Nikki