Monday, June 30, 2008

Not seeing the 4 Tops and Temptations



We went to Ravinia for the first time on Saturday night.  We got lawn seats and packed a great picnic lunch.  We went with our friends Pam and Sam, and met some others from Harrison's work.  We had a great time and found out that going to Ravinia means going to a full-out lawn party.  People-watching was great fun.  I still can't get over that so many people come, pay money and sit on the lawn, but you can't see the performance unless you are in the pavilion seats, but then you don't get the picnic.  So, we could hear the music and the banter on stage, but it could have been fantastic mp3 music played over the speakers.  It was a blast, but I just don't get it.  

I was determined to get in the picture, so I set the camera on top of the picnic basket and some pillows and my backpack, held up the lens with candles, and got a pic with the 4 of us.  It took quite a bit of manipulation and the sun changed on me part way through, but I got in the picture!

1 comment:

Pamela Levingston said...

I don't get it either and thanks for telling me we have something similar but I have never gone. You look good however on the lawn! QP