Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sister Nature

My friend, Belinda Spivak was a demonstrating artist at the quilt show back in April. She was demoing the Adirondek sprays. You cannot believe the beautiful papers she made with these papers and some glitter/mica sprays. You can't see from this picture, but the background paper has a beautiful shimmer. She gave me all of the papers she made at the demo. The papers are so gorgeous, but way too dark for me. I was looking at the stack of them, wondering what to do with them. I glued the background paper to some matboard and then dry-brushed some white gesso over the top. It lightened the paper and took some of the sparkle away, but not all. Then, I glued the skirt onto my ballerina to show the difference between the two papers. I added transparencies and other embellishments to finish off the piece. Belinda loves metal, so I made sure to use a piece of embossed metal as well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT'S REALLY PRETTY. THE PICTURE LOOKS 3-DIMENSIONAL.

NIKKI

Pamela Levingston said...

I love collage, wish I could do it. QP

Anonymous said...

You did a great job with the papers. You didn't have to take them from the Quilt show if they weren't your colors! Glad you could use it though.
Belinda