Saturday, June 21, 2008

Rockford Stamp Convention



Lynn and I attended the Rockford Stamp Convention by Heirloom Productions yesterday. It was rather on the small and intimate side, but we both managed to do some damage. I found a few stamps, I still like mounted rubber stamps (I know, the market is changing and I will eventually have to join the club).

I stopped by Invoke Arts booth, which had very few customers and began talking to the owners. I convinced myself to walk away from their stamps at Art Unraveled, but couldn't resist just one this time. She made me this tag. She swiped on a few colors of distress inks, going from light to dark. Next, she stamped the images in black, then colored some in with a color pencil and finally, as a highlight, she added some pearlescent water colors (similar to Twinkling H2O's, but not as concentrated)

.
The next booth where I spent a lot of time was Stamp Zia. I have been a fan of Zana Clark for a long time. I took a class from her many years ago and have quite a few of her big stamps. I also have both of her videos. She made a sample for me, showing each ink and techniques. The main thing to remember is to DRY at each step to build up the colors.

I am trying to get the pictures lined up and at reasonable sizes but am getting very frustated!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I THINK I WOULD LIKE TO PLAY WITH WATERCOLORS NOW. I LIKE HOW THE COLORS SEEM TO FLOW INTO ONE ANOTHER.

NIKKI

Pamela Levingston said...

Is this all you bought...come on fess up? QP I bet it was fun. I get so excited at Stampaway. This year a few friend are coming to my house following Stampaway to stamp the night away. Can't wait. QP

Sandy said...

Pam, and others.... There is one pic missing and that is the one from stamp zia, where I purchased a package of watercolor sprays. We only had 2 hours to shop, so I did a pretty good job. I almost got involved in glitter, but just said, NO!

AmyS said...

I am so happy to see you posting again, Sandy! I got out of the habit of checking your blog, but I won't let that happen again.

Gorgeous art, as always! I am trying to get back into my stamping and paper crafting; now I know where to come for inspiration.