Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Phyllis Wheatley

Here's another scrapbook paper background. This piece is 5-1/2 by 9 inches on matboard. Again, it uses scrapbook paper and various colors of glazes. In the original article, the directions asked you to draw a person. I don't appreciate my drawing skills, so I used rubber stamps in my previous examples. This time I drew and painted my own image and because I didn't have to draw a whole face, I'm satisfied with how it turned out. I actually enjoyed working with shading and coloring on the face and arms. I figured if it looked too bad, I could throw it in the trash. Once I gave myself that permission, I enjoyed the process. I hope to do a couple more of these once I get the art room clean. Sigh.

1 comment:

Pamela Levingston said...

From whence the freedom from cleaning sprung! This is lovely too. Just do the cleaning and then the guilt goes away. I see you creative block is gone. QP