Monday, August 04, 2008

Sneak Peek of clay project


I started my clay project today.  It is like a puzzle, trying to choose pieces that fit into the spaces.  As many tiles as I made, it seemed that I never had the right size.  Fortunately, the polymer clay can be cut.  Still, I found myself wanting to make more tiles.

In the picture above, I got most of the tiles on, and I have not glued them down yet.  Now I get to embellish.  Around the center, I plan to put a mixture of beads.  I am going to add gems on some of the tiles and maybe use some acrylic paint to highlight a couple of the tiles.  In the open spaces, I plan to use beads. Then I will say a prayer and start to glue them down for good.  I have to read that section of the book again.  I can't remember what kind of adhesive to use.  I already put mastic on the wood, but then painted over that in gold, so I don't think I'll use mastic again.  I also think I am going to add the beads with Diamond Glaze.  I haven't decided if I am going to use permanent inks on the knob that's on the end of the hook.  

3 comments:

AmyS said...

That's already gorgeous - when it's done, it will be stunning! Enjoy the process. I can't wait to see the finished piece. Maybe by the time I get back home it will be done?

Pamela Levingston said...

Sandy,
Please post when this is finished. I can't wait to see the finished product. I have art days coming friday through tuesday! Maybe I'll play with some clay. QP

Wabbit said...

Hey Sandy! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I looked for you and the rest of the Chicago group but figured that you either were not coming or just hadn't arrived yet. It's too bad that you weren't there as I think that there was a great selection of classes.

What you are working on lately is awesome! HUGS to you and the girls, Marilyn