Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Bookstore browsing



I spent some time at the bookstore yesterday and found a few delightful books.  Nature Journals was surprisingly thoughtful.  I read a bit of it and enjoyed the written parts of the book.  I expected the book to just have different samples of artwork made with natural materials.  There was lots of discussion about connecting to your artwork through nature.  

Custom Cool Jewelry had lots of examples of different types of jewelry made from metal, clay, paper, fabric, beads, etc.  I liked many of the samples shown.

A Charming Exchange was more of a how-to book than I expected.  I was pleasantly surprised at the level of detail shown in making any of the projects.  I think these would be a starting point for more exploration if you wanted to try these charms.

I didn't buy any of these books because I am trying to downsize my collection of books.  However, I enjoyed leafing through these and they would definitely fit into my resource library,

1 comment:

Pamela Levingston said...

How did you resist? The charm and jewelry one would have come home with me. QP