Sunday, September 21, 2008

An Evening with Eartha Kitt

Don't we look good?  We went to a fundraiser last night.  Harrison told me at 11:00 that morning that it was a black-tie event.  Yikes!  I ran out the house with credit cards streaming from my wallet.  I found this dress in 10 minutes.  Then I had to find shoes, a purse, jewelry, pantyhose!  When is the last time anyone wore pantyhose?  I had to do my own hair and nails.  Debra came over and put on my makeup.  Then we rode in the convertible.  It made for a great wind-blown look.  

It was wonderful watching Eartha Kitt.  She is a legend.  That lady can do a backbend at 81!  Her legs are what 20 year olds wish for.  I am so respectful of her talent.  She could sing anything and make it sound good.  And of course, nobody does catwoman like her.  She has had quite an interesting career and has worked with everybody.  I felt like this was a once in a lifetime opportunity and am so thankful that we went. 

4 comments:

Pamela Levingston said...

Send me that dress, I have to look cute at a 50th birthday party this coming weekend! Harrison is one lucky man, You look good. Oh to see Eartha Kitt in person what I wouldn't give for that.

Anonymous said...

WoW!!! What a great event to be able to go to. You both look ready for the red carpet.

Donna Mott

AmyS said...

You two are just fabulous. You always look good in the photos I've seen, but this... va va VOOM!!

Crazy Art Girl said...

You two do look great!
Belinda