Sunday, September 21, 2008

Stamp Convention?


The top picture is a bracelet I made for my friend's birthday.  When she saw the copper bracelet, she said she wanted one in silver.  I had never worked in silver before and didn't try to antique or distress the wire.  It turned out nice.  I have to practice making the clasps.  They are a little funky looking, but that adds to the quirkiness of the bracelet.

The bottom picture is a picture of what I bought at today's stamp convention.  That's right, I said stamp convention.  I saw some stamps that I could have added to my collection, but nothing really CALLED my name.  Almost every time I saw a stamp,  I thought about one in my extensive collection that could do the same thing.  I was almost out of the convention without making a purchase, until I saw these beads.  Sigh!  My sister made me buy these.  She wants me to make her a bracelet too.  Good thing the vendor didn't sell wire.  I would have been even further in trouble.

2 comments:

Pamela Levingston said...

Those are interesting bead! You really showed some restraint...going to a stamp convention and not buying one stamping item. I don't have that kind of will power. QP

Anonymous said...

I really like the bracelet with all of that BLUE. Its really pretty. Oh well, maybe for Christmas I will have one in my stocking :D.

Love
Nikki