
I have started an art journal a couple of times and NEVER follow through. There are a couple of pages done in each. Last month, my friend, Harriet, took a journal class. The work in the journal inspired me, so I decided to try it again. Instead of gesso and painting the pages, I used some of the beautiful scrapbook paper I have collected. I then used more paper and images to make the pages that I was going to journal on.
I had so much fun making the pages, that I didn't write on them because I wanted to make more pages. So, I filled up the pages and then started the journaling. I like my pages so much, that I don't necessarily want to write on the page. So, today at breakfast, Shari and Harriet gave me permission to skip the writing on the pages if I want to. I can go on making more pages and not write on them. Then, I was reading Michelle Ward's blog and today's challenge is to change the way you look at journaling. She suggests stealth journaling and writing one line on the page.
I've just been freed to write on the whole page, write a little or not write at all. Sometimes, the universe works to show you just what you need when you need it.
2 comments:
So true, Sandy. I have an art "journal", and like you, I mostly love making the backgrounds. Some days I have something to write (or I don't think I do, but when I start, it just comes--kinda like art), and other days I just use images to express what I'm feeling that day. I've found that if I make several backgrounds at a time, then I'm more apt to write on them later. Sometimes I even journal, and then cover most of it up with collage!
What type of journal is that? I have been reading backwards through your blog and have been so tempted to comment but decided after the journal, I could not wait any longer,lol!
I am so sorry I missed the barbecue,lol! We were also official hosts of the same when we were in the states for my family and friends.
You are friends with Belinda, who I know from her blog and I just joined the IOCSA group!
I am also interested in your stamps! Care to share a ohoto or two? Gina
Post a Comment