I don't like most veggies. Tomatoes are probably my favorite. I think salads are way overrated and it really frosts me when I see a commercial of a family at dinner. The dad and kids order steak, or burgers and fries, or spaghetti or all kinds of other fabulous food and the mom orders a "salad." Who the heck wants to eat a salad every meal? I made a commitment to try and eat more veggies last year because I could go weeks without a non-starch vegetable going into my system. So, I try and drink a v-8 regularly. I don't like v-8 juice, but I can glug one down without too much trouble.
Yesterday, I had a brainstorm. I put a can of v8 juice into my tropical sunrise crystal light drink. I had to put it in an extra large glass, but the taste was mostly disguised. I'm so tickled about my discovery. I had 2 cans of v8 juice yesterday and one so far today. That's more veggies than I had all last week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love that idea. My doctor just put me on lipitor for high cholesterol. So any new healthy ideas are welcome. There are few veggies in my diet too. I actually like v8 so I just have to go back to drinking it!
You are too funny...put vodka in the v8
Post a Comment